Skip to main content

Through The Flames

The fact is that I am broken,
I am selfish to the bone protecting my heart.
Shattered in a broken home,
Surround by people but still alone.
I toss and turn in my sleep,
and I'm burning up in my bed.
The flames keep getting higher,
and I just don't care anymore.
I am still screaming at these lonely walls,
and these tears drop as I fall.
I can smell the smoke,
as it fills the room like a fog.
I have been trapped inside for way to long.
It doesn't seem to matter where I go,
I am stringing along my darkness in this home,
and I still have nobody to talk to.
This name you yell out isn't mine,
and I don't want to burn for my sins.
It's getting so dirty in here,
nothing seems to be clear,
I can wipe my eyes, but everything is black in here.
It's so dark,
and I am losing myself.
I can't seem to wake up.
I am drowning in this holy water,
but I just won't come clean.
I can see the light, but it's slipping away.
Please don't bury me in a box.
Burn my body, and let the ashes float on!

Comments

Jeremy Blomberg said…
there is some good stuff here, and some of your images and ideas remind me of my own writing...nice