I am just a kid fighting the world with his bare hands.
I am so choked up on the words that are spoken.
I hit you with my fist and my broken heart.
I am just not good at falling apart.
I am not very good at believing the lies.
I am not very good at following behind.
I am not very good at hiding my anger.
I am not very good at letting it out.
I am just a man broken at the knees.
I keep on punching, but I am losing my desire to bleed.
I wasn’t meant to bleed for me.
I wasn’t meant to race these dreams.
I wasn’t meant to lose sleep over hurt.
I fall with a blow to the head, it hurts worse than it sounds.
I find it hard to get back up this time.
I am just not very good at war.
I am not very good at remembering things.
I am not very good at paying attention.
I am not very good at speaking the truth.
I am just as broken as you would imagine.
I have bled my strength, there is nothing left.
I can’t fight for me, but for you it would be an honor.
Everyone is searching for something more. Everyone is falling for life’s simple things. We all have our dreams but we are losing sleep. Everyone cries to be loved. Everyone hides on the inside. This love goes beyond our heart, It screams past our soul. It’s the greatest of them all, And it holds all the power. Everyone falls to pieces, When the world is crumbling around them. Everyone wishes for that feeling, That breathes in them new life. Everyone loses themselves, Searching for love in someone else. Everyone fights for what they want, But they are truly missing out. This love breaks through these chains, It cleans us until we are pure. This love never disappears, This love never fails.
Comments