Skip to main content

The Problems about College

Since I began school this year in August I have noticed something different about myself. I started to notice that I am tired of being around loud annoying teenagers in college. The truth is that if it comes down to it I choose to have a family, and be an adult. A lot of teenagers believe that they are adults when there not even close. It is pretty sad that I am six years out of high school, and I still have to be around children. Yes, I said children. I think when you pay, or (your parents pay for you) to go to a Christian college you should at least show some respect. I have noticed more people then ever in my life come to class, pull out there cell phone, and text the whole class period, or turn on a laptop, and sit on the internet/ iTunes the whole class. I really feel like I am in high school, or in this case... middle school. It's times like these were I just wished people would grow up already. As Christian's were do you go wrong, not giving your teacher, who has a lot of knowledge of the Bible, your complete attention? I think it's sad actually. There is a time to laugh, joke, and act a fool, and there is also a time to pay attention. I can't really say good things about students these days, when they can't even put there cell phones away for a class period. To be honest I haven't had a cell phone in over a year now, and truthfully it's amazing. Yeah, at times it's bad when I want to call someone, but other then that the silents is great. I definitely don't bring my computer to class. All I see these days are pictures of students goofing around in class on Facebook, even staring at there phone the entire time. That's not even the worst thing, I watched first hand someone leave the class after on the computer in the beginning of class and not return until the end. To be honest I also didn't know if something was wrong or, not.
Another realization is that I am done with the whole joke around party college vibe. My past hasn't by a long shot been to great, and I am doing my best to fix what I can. I am just sick of the hole idea of it. Being young you realize that college is going to be awesome, your finally going to be free of the height of your parents, and everything is going to be better. Trust me when I say this, it won't be. I don't mean this in destroying all your hope. Let me put it this way, if your going to college to rebel, and party, and do everything wrong, that's a big mistake because you'll spend just as much time, and more money getting back on track. Now if your going to college for all the right reasons, then what I am saying doesn't apply to you. Every time I go to this class during my week, I notice the same thing, even during class. I see "CHILDREN" running up and down the hall yelling, and laughing. I have noticed that the teachers don't really do anything about this, I really wish they would. During the last couple of weeks I have talked to some students, and we all agree that this college isn't what we want. At one point in the semester I decided to change seats just so I can sit next to "REAL" adults. Everything is just overran by "Children". I think if you are a teenager and you want to be treated as adult you should start acting like one, and if your a True Christian you should start acting like one. Now I am not saying there is no fun, just know when, and how to act.
The last thing that I have noticed is that the older I get the more relaxed, and laid back I get. Just a couple of years ago all I wanted to do is work out, Now I am having a hard time getting up for a daily run. I am continuing to push myself, but it's a lot harder then it used to be. While being more relaxed I have observed things more, I think before I speak. I don't know what this means because I am not even that old, I am only 25. I guess I am tried of being in a place where the "Children" aren't focused on the Bible, more worried about that they are going to post on Facebook next. It's to bad for me because if it wasn't for my past mistakes, and this economy I would leave. Is it to wrong to want to go to a class where if the teacher calls out my last name, that the Children won't laugh, it's been 17 years of school, and it never gets old? Is it so wrong for me to want to walk to class without somebody acting like an idiot? I look around, and I see a sea of Children, and I ask myself..these are the people that are going to be serving God, and teaching the word. Common Sense go to the bathroom before class, so you don't miss half the class, I guess that's pretty planned. Or why does everyone that opens there mouth have something smart to say, Everything is a joke. Understanding God's word is a Joke. While I am talking about jokes, is it me or does every preacher, or pastor have a joke? I mean I really don't remember it saying in the bible...Spread the Word, make jokes, and laugh it up. I am really sorry if I offended anyone, I have just been dealing with this for awhile, and being a Christian for the past two years, and I am looking for people that actually follow the bible. As I continue to learn I hope I have mean more years to be the best Christian I can be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End Times?

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains. (Matthew 24:6-8; Mark 13:7-8 NIV).Mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God -- having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. (2 Timothy 3:1-5 NIV). But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. (2 Peter 3:10 NIV). An

Being Happy

Question; if you had one month to live could you truly be happy with your life? Maybe you lost something along the way. Maybe you completely ruined your lives by the choices you made. Honestly, I think we get so caught up with what we have done in our lives that it’s not really as important as we make it out to be. It’s not about boasting about all the accomplishments you have done or your wall of degrees. We feel that we need to be this machine in order to be this sinless person. We live believing that by the works I have done, that is what’s going to get me into heaven. I notice a lot of people in my city that go to help feed the homeless, but they come in and they feed, and then go home. What is wrong with this picture? Jesus sat with the homeless; eat with them, fellowshipped with the homeless. We can’t truly understand or relate with what people have been through unless we get down to their level. I feel like if this is the way people are severing God than it is all wrong. If yo

All I Need

Dropped to his knees, He sits reaching for freedom, Tears fall from his tired eyes. I do believe, I do believe, You are all I need. His already broken heart shatters again. As he reaches for those once empty pieces, They turn into dust… Here he lays begging and pleading, Let me see you’re beauty, Take my hand and lead me, Because I do believe, I do believe, You are all I need. My soul longs for your presence, You can have what is left of it. Mold me into your beauty, Because I do believe, I do believe, All I need is Jesus.