Skip to main content

Supernatural: Family Matters


            When you think of the word Family what comes to mind?  Are they just these people that share your blood and them meaning nothing to you? How close are we with our families? When I was thirteen I moved 15 hours away from my family, and it destroyed me for years. Sometimes we get this idea that we don’t need a family, and we can do everything on our own. The truth is our family is important. This week I am going to be focusing on two brothers that fight for their family. When I look at a show like Supernatural the first thing that stands out to me is the word family. Through every scene sense 2005 when the show began I have noticed that these brothers are real and relatable to me. I see how they will do anything for each other, and it never really matters how much bad they cause they are still there for each other. Although I never had that, a lot of people don’t have that with their siblings. Of course there are a lot of things that happen in our lives that distance ourselves from our brothers or sisters, but I really believe that we should strive to have this relationship with our family. This family were they will support you in all your crazy ideas, and stick up for you when the world is laying a beating on you. It’s were money isn’t an opinion, and it’s doesn’t cause major fights. It’s this love for one another that you will all have each other’s backs. It’s not about forgetting about them when they are struggling through life, and wanting to spend time with them when everything is going amazing in their lives. It’s about being there through all the good times and all the bad times. “Family don’t end in blood, boy!” ~Bobby Singer, So in the Supernatural family I want to focus on the Winchester Brothers of course there is John & Mary Winchester, Bobby Singer, Ellen, Jo, Castiel, Rufus, and all the others that helped the Winchester Brothers along there rocky road but I want to focus on the Brothers. So, let me start with;
 Dean Winchester; Well for all that hasn’t seen the show before; Dean is played by Jensen Ackles, and he is the oldest brother. The protector if you would say of Sam Winchester. He is someone that you would not want to cross if you hurt his family.
  • ·         Drives a 1967 Chevy Impala
  • ·         Listens to Classic Rock
  • ·         He can be straight forward (Not afraid to tell you what he thinks)
  • ·         Known for being sarcastic and a smart ass.
  • ·         He doesn’t deal with feelings to well (Mostly buries them)
 “I got to put my game face on, I can’t let Sammy see me like this” 
~Dean Winchester, The one thing about Dean is he backs up his talk. On a lighter note deep down Dean is fighting to get his family back. Family is what is important to Dean. Even though a lot of people in his life have died he continues to fight for his relationship with his brother. The truth is this is something that not even we in reality can say we do. I find it really sad, as Christians we say that we are all family, but we aren’t even willing to get to know the people around us. Dean has the fight, he as the drive that we should all have when it comes to our family.

What is family? Every day we walk around taking everything in our lives for granted. We only get one family. Whether you define family as someone with the same blood, or the people that fight, with you, and not against you, it is those people that you love with all your heart and will do anything for them. The biggest example of this is what Dean will do to protect his brother. It has been years of Dean being the big brother, but whether we are tired of the storyline or not Dean will always be the big brother to Sam, and because of his love for him he will always be there to protect him. I have read so many comments about either brother. It honestly makes me sick because a lot of fans are missing out. The point of this show is family. I am one of millions of people that wish they had a relationship with someone that is like Sam and Dean’s. The soul reason for this is because Sam and Dean have shown so many times that they are sticking by each other sides, and it does not matter what evil is in their way they have eachother’s backs. 

"You Smell like a toilet" ~ Sam Winchester; Sam is played by Jared Padalecki. He is the younger Winchester brother. He was originally going to college for law, but that kind of changed when Dean showed up back in Season One. Dean jokes Sam for all his many emotions, and how we talks with people. I see Sam as someone that cares a lot about the people he saves. I am not saying Dean doesn't, but Sam shows it more. Jared plays more of the interesting parts. I have noticed that most Dean fans are upset that it is all about Sam. I don't see it that way.
·         He has many sleepless nights.
·         He always fights for what he believes in (Got misdirected a couple of times)
·         In the End he cares about Dean the most. 

It is so hard to look at someone you love and just walk away forever. All of the memories that you have created together many never go lost in your mind. These two brothers are a perfect example of two people that aren't just going to give up on each other. They have this brother bond that not many people have. When Jared and Jensen first started Supernatural back in 2005 there chemistry is what made this show as strong as it is today. I guess the question is how do you treat your family? Are you close? Will you fight for them to be in your life like the Winchesters?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End Times?

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains. (Matthew 24:6-8; Mark 13:7-8 NIV).Mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God -- having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. (2 Timothy 3:1-5 NIV). But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. (2 Peter 3:10 NIV). An

Being Happy

Question; if you had one month to live could you truly be happy with your life? Maybe you lost something along the way. Maybe you completely ruined your lives by the choices you made. Honestly, I think we get so caught up with what we have done in our lives that it’s not really as important as we make it out to be. It’s not about boasting about all the accomplishments you have done or your wall of degrees. We feel that we need to be this machine in order to be this sinless person. We live believing that by the works I have done, that is what’s going to get me into heaven. I notice a lot of people in my city that go to help feed the homeless, but they come in and they feed, and then go home. What is wrong with this picture? Jesus sat with the homeless; eat with them, fellowshipped with the homeless. We can’t truly understand or relate with what people have been through unless we get down to their level. I feel like if this is the way people are severing God than it is all wrong. If yo

All I Need

Dropped to his knees, He sits reaching for freedom, Tears fall from his tired eyes. I do believe, I do believe, You are all I need. His already broken heart shatters again. As he reaches for those once empty pieces, They turn into dust… Here he lays begging and pleading, Let me see you’re beauty, Take my hand and lead me, Because I do believe, I do believe, You are all I need. My soul longs for your presence, You can have what is left of it. Mold me into your beauty, Because I do believe, I do believe, All I need is Jesus.