Skip to main content

Only Human

Here are all my flaws,
You can hate me for all that is wrong.
So go ahead and sing your sad song,
But leave me out of the title.
Here is the truth,
I give this all to you.
Here is my cash there isn’t much left,
Here are my hopes and my dreams.
I give you the truth, let me let loose,
Let me show you who I really am.
Here is our history, let me lay it at your feet,
You can run from our dream if you please,
But no, I am not close to being perfect.

For all the mistakes I have made,
I take all of my words back to the page.
The red marker covers each line,
Why can’t they all be erased?
I wish we could go back to the beginning,
But then I remember that I am only human.

I am scared when we are all alone,
I get choked up on every note.
I have this tightness in my chest,
And there you go taking the best.
I am living off of the dirt I sleep on
And my scars still bleed easily.
I have these freckles all over my skin,
And I burn when I am in the sun,
And yes I can’t stop all my sins.
I can love you with all that is within,
But I can’t stop myself from lying,
And most of the time I don’t know why,
From time to time I lose my way,
And I never had the words to say.
But this is what you got from me.

For all the days you sat wondering,
This is all of me, this is who I am.
I am scared that I might get scared,
And that I might even lose my mind.
I wish I could remember all the memories,
But then I remember that I am only human.
  
I laugh at the craziest actions,
And feel depressed when bad things happen.
I say what I mean,
And I mean what I say.
I don’t get angry too often,
But I won’t change for anyone.
I am not in the greatest shape,
And I am not one of the smartest people,
And I make many mistakes,
And I yell a lot too.
I may not have the straightest smile,
But I know how to stick around for a while.
I know how to love with my heart.

For all the pain that still haunts me,
I wish I could believe in the likeliness of you and me,
But reality always knocks me off my feet,
Damn you are so beautiful,
And I lose control so easy.
I wish I could be more than me,
But then I remember I am only human.

Sometimes I am a coward,                                                                                                  
Every time I see you in the room,
I get sweat sick and I want to walk away,
You are the reason these dreams are so real.
And you are the reason I no longer feel.
I am a broken soul,
Living in my broken home.
My heart is fragile,
And my skin is easy to cut into.
My knees are weak,
But here I am still begging at your feet.
I live with all my regrets,
And I blame myself.
I searched for something astounding,
And you were all I've found.

For all the days and the nights,
I have sat here in front these white walls.
I still dream of the day our wounds will heal.
Then I could carry you off into the sunset,
And then I could kiss you one last time, 
But then I remember I am only human.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End Times?

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains. (Matthew 24:6-8; Mark 13:7-8 NIV).Mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God -- having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. (2 Timothy 3:1-5 NIV). But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. (2 Peter 3:10 NIV). An

Being Happy

Question; if you had one month to live could you truly be happy with your life? Maybe you lost something along the way. Maybe you completely ruined your lives by the choices you made. Honestly, I think we get so caught up with what we have done in our lives that it’s not really as important as we make it out to be. It’s not about boasting about all the accomplishments you have done or your wall of degrees. We feel that we need to be this machine in order to be this sinless person. We live believing that by the works I have done, that is what’s going to get me into heaven. I notice a lot of people in my city that go to help feed the homeless, but they come in and they feed, and then go home. What is wrong with this picture? Jesus sat with the homeless; eat with them, fellowshipped with the homeless. We can’t truly understand or relate with what people have been through unless we get down to their level. I feel like if this is the way people are severing God than it is all wrong. If yo

All I Need

Dropped to his knees, He sits reaching for freedom, Tears fall from his tired eyes. I do believe, I do believe, You are all I need. His already broken heart shatters again. As he reaches for those once empty pieces, They turn into dust… Here he lays begging and pleading, Let me see you’re beauty, Take my hand and lead me, Because I do believe, I do believe, You are all I need. My soul longs for your presence, You can have what is left of it. Mold me into your beauty, Because I do believe, I do believe, All I need is Jesus.