Skip to main content

Anchor

I am holding on to the hope that one day this could be made right,
I’m this sinking ship, wreak left for dead.
Everyone I loved seems to be strangers in the night,
but oh my heart still burns,
but I am questioning whether I want to search for them.
Trouble has been sent my way,
and the wicked followed,
Here I cry at your feet,
Open my eyes so I can see.

Anchor of my Soul
You Sustain me,
When I am in the storm
You remain good to me.

But true love is the burden that will carry me back home.
I am sailing home to you
I refuse to stand here alone.
By the light of the moon,
I will press On.
Tie me to this anchor before I lose,
the one I love and become lost at sea.
So this love will be my burden,
all of these memories of beauty.

Anchor of my soul
You sustain me,
when I am in the storm
you remain good to me.

This ocean has become your grace,
and I praise you everyday at sea,
the water fills me up,
but you hold me stable,
guiding me every step of the way.
because you have rose from the grave,
where you are, is my home.

https://inbetweenjackswords.wordpress.com/2016/01/12/anchor/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even On My Worst Days

My eyes are opened wide, And the world is falling to pieces, I feel like sealing my heart completely. The tears still drop towards the ceiling. I wish I could see your beautiful creation again, But everything is still upside down. It’s another fight and one more day on the ground. I can pray for heaven to come raining, But here on earth I am drowning. I can say all the right things, But be misheard by everyone. As I am being pushed out to sea, You’re still out there searching for me. The love you have always strengthens me. And so I step on some toes on my path, And I struggle to trust the people around me, So, I may be losing myself as well, But I know I can never lose your grace. My faith could never change, Even on my worst days.

The End Times?

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains. (Matthew 24:6-8; Mark 13:7-8 NIV).Mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God -- having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. (2 Timothy 3:1-5 NIV). But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. (2 Peter 3:10 NIV). An

Being Happy

Question; if you had one month to live could you truly be happy with your life? Maybe you lost something along the way. Maybe you completely ruined your lives by the choices you made. Honestly, I think we get so caught up with what we have done in our lives that it’s not really as important as we make it out to be. It’s not about boasting about all the accomplishments you have done or your wall of degrees. We feel that we need to be this machine in order to be this sinless person. We live believing that by the works I have done, that is what’s going to get me into heaven. I notice a lot of people in my city that go to help feed the homeless, but they come in and they feed, and then go home. What is wrong with this picture? Jesus sat with the homeless; eat with them, fellowshipped with the homeless. We can’t truly understand or relate with what people have been through unless we get down to their level. I feel like if this is the way people are severing God than it is all wrong. If yo