Skip to main content

An Amazing Year

This is the first time in a long time which I can say that I had a really great year. Past years I have been bogged down by the worst things possible happening in my life. Now I am not saying this year there  hasn't been some ups and down's because there was a lot. The difference about this year is the fact that I can be completely blindsided and get back on my feet. I learned from the past few years that you just have to take it one day at a time, or you will just get lost in this world. After a dreadful last couple of years, 2011 started with me on my knee's praying to God. Then one single thing changed everything in my life. I wish I could describe what had happened. If you look back at my posts of January, I was kinda in a selfish not caring mood, but this thing changed that in an instant. See what had happen was....no it wasn't a new job, or winning the lottery, and I didn't become famous. It was this beautiful girl that I met. When we first met I was fighting the idea of getting my hopes up, all I could remember was my last relationship. After the first month with this girl, I knew things were different. They were different for a reason. I have always had this idea of having a great job, marrying this beautiful girl, and having a family of my own. It wasn't until I started to look at myself from a different light that I could truly understand who I was, and who I will be the rest of my life.

A lot of things happened in 2011, and I didn't expect an of it at all. Every day is a brand new life where we change, and learn. The day I knew that I loved her was the day my heart changed. Before I met her I was strung up on heartbreak, and I struggled to cut the strings. You could say I was selfish, mopey, maybe even depressed. My relationship with God was in and out. I didn't like my life at all. How quickly your view of your life can change for the better. Everyday since I have met this girl has been just amazing, and also challenging, but mostly amazing. This is the first year of my life that I have been in love through the holidays, and it's great every second of each day. The truth is that I have been blind this entire time to what was happening to me. The funny things is until actually writing this I didn't see what has been laid out in front of me. What a mistake on my part to think that I did all of this.....I was never pushed in this miracle, nobody forced me into this happiness. Every day is a blessing from God, and he has surely provided for me, and I never thought of it like that. The thing is during the time I was feeling mopey, selfish, depressed..I continued to pray for my future wife. I know this sounds clear enough to realize right away, but this world has a way of distracting us from the amazing works of God. I didn't spend all those nights praying for masses of amounts of money, I was praying for a loving Wife. God has given me exactly that. I can't harp on my realization, I just need to praise, and be a better man of God. It has truly been an amazing year.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End Times?

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains. (Matthew 24:6-8; Mark 13:7-8 NIV).Mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God -- having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. (2 Timothy 3:1-5 NIV). But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. (2 Peter 3:10 NIV). An

Being Happy

Question; if you had one month to live could you truly be happy with your life? Maybe you lost something along the way. Maybe you completely ruined your lives by the choices you made. Honestly, I think we get so caught up with what we have done in our lives that it’s not really as important as we make it out to be. It’s not about boasting about all the accomplishments you have done or your wall of degrees. We feel that we need to be this machine in order to be this sinless person. We live believing that by the works I have done, that is what’s going to get me into heaven. I notice a lot of people in my city that go to help feed the homeless, but they come in and they feed, and then go home. What is wrong with this picture? Jesus sat with the homeless; eat with them, fellowshipped with the homeless. We can’t truly understand or relate with what people have been through unless we get down to their level. I feel like if this is the way people are severing God than it is all wrong. If yo

All I Need

Dropped to his knees, He sits reaching for freedom, Tears fall from his tired eyes. I do believe, I do believe, You are all I need. His already broken heart shatters again. As he reaches for those once empty pieces, They turn into dust… Here he lays begging and pleading, Let me see you’re beauty, Take my hand and lead me, Because I do believe, I do believe, You are all I need. My soul longs for your presence, You can have what is left of it. Mold me into your beauty, Because I do believe, I do believe, All I need is Jesus.